Round 2 - Ellis shows us how she makes her Summer Fruits Pavlova!
• X3 egg whites
• 175g caster sugar
• 400g frozen summer fruits
• 250g mascarpone
• X1 tsp vanilla essence
• 200g Philadelphia / soft cheese
• 1 tbsp caster sugar
• Baking paper
• Baking tray
• Whisk – hand or electric
• Bowl Method:
1. Take frozen fruit out of freezer so it defrosts ready for your filling later on.
2. Preheat oven to 150 / gas mark 2
3. Put egg whites in a CLEAN bowl – must be very clean or it will ruin the mixture – and whisk until stiff peaks.
4. Now whisk in sugar, 1 tbsp at a time.
5. Once done, spoon mixture onto baking sheet - create a bottom and then a circle around the edge (so there is space in the middle for the filling).
6. Put into oven, and turn down to 140 / gas mark 1 and leave for 1 hour. Once it has been an hour, turn the heat off and leave the meringue in the oven until it is completely cold.
7. Before serving (not too early), whisk the mascarpone, vanilla essence, sugar and soft cheese together (I would also put a little bit of the juice from the fruit in to make it a pinkish colour). Pour this into the middle of the meringue.
8. Stir 1 tbsp of caster sugar in with the fruit, so they aren’t too tart and place on top of the filling.