Bupkis exclusive - Daisy's bakery green sugar cookies
170g unsalted butter (room temp)
150g granulated sugar
2tsp vanilla extract
1/2tsp almond extract
280g plain flour
1/2tsp baking powder
Green gel food colouring
100g icing sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 170°C
2. Beat butter in a bowl till creamed
3. Add sugar to the butter and beat till fluffy
4. Add the egg and vanilla and mix it all together
5. Whisk in the flour and baking powder
6. Add the green food colouring and mix till it is fully incorporated
7. Cling film the dough and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes
8 . Once out split the dough into equal chunks(depending on how big you want each cookie)
9. Roll your chunks into balls and pop into your lined baking tray.
10. Bake for 15-25 mins on 170°C
11. Once they are out and cooled mix your icing sugar and milk in a bowl then add your food colouring
12. Drizzle your icing over your cookies and add sprinkles
Viola!! Now you have some yummy green cookies!!
Find more recipes like this on my Instagram, and join me every Sunday for my bakealongs!!
Zoe, owner of Daisy's Bakery, photographed by Bupkis
Based in the North East of England, Daisy's Bakery is ran single-handedly by Zoe. Creating bespoke bakes for events as well as the sweet toothed individual. Daisy's Bakery is currently making treat boxes for those in isolation during Covid19, more details via her instagram.